The amethyst birthstone, which has been highly regarded throughout history because of its natural beauty and its iconic physical and spiritual effects on people, is a semi-precious stone that is now widely used for jewelry and other ornamental creations. In ancient history, however, it was worth more than its natural beauty – it was regarded as virtuous and noble stone, even comparable to the diamond.
The Ancient Romans associated the amethyst with the water god Neptune, who is a powerful force of nature and one of the primordial gods who controlled nature. The amethyst birthstone is aligned with February, which makes amethyst a natural gemstone for people who celebrates the feast of St. Valentine.
The amethyst is also called the Bishop’s Stone and has been known to bolster fiery human passion, natural imaginative creativity, and much-needed spiritualty. You can say that the amethyst is an incredibly positive stone as it has transformative uses as well, and it can also help people regain temperance in their lives.
Another peculiar use of amethyst in ancient times was that it was used as a defensive ward against inebriation and intoxication. There are records of cups and chalices being imbued with amethyst, and it was said that the gemstone had a direct impact on the sobriety of the person who used such cups and chalices.
Where To Place Amethyst on Body
Energy healing or crystal energy healing is the process of using precious or semiprecious stones as conduits for universal healing energies. This ancient practice harnesses the natural capacity of gemstones to balance the human body and spirit through the channeling of positive energies from the Universe. As the positive energies flow in, the negative energies are channeled out and in some cases, returned to the earth to be neutralized.
If you are wondering where to place amethyst on the body while performing the healing energy practice, it depends on what particular discipline you are familiar with. You see, this varies according to each practitioner of the art.
For those who are familiar with chakras, which are Hindu art, they usually place healing gemstones on the affected chakras or around it, in the effort to bring balance to the chakras. If you are a practitioner of traditional Chinese medicine, on the other hand, you may have a different idea as to where active points of the body may be located. Many energy practitioners use the following schema for energy healing of physical ailments:
Crown chakra (Head)
- General effect on all organs
Third eye chakra (Forehead)
- Pineal gland
- Pituitary gland
- Throat chakra
- Thyroid gland
Solar plexus chakra
- General effect on all organs
- Grounding and neutralizing
During an energy healing session, a practitioner or healer may choose to situate an amethyst or a combination of gemstones around the target areas to bring relief and healing to the effect organs, as is the case when amethyst healing cancer is recommended.
Gemstone healing can be used for a variety of diseases, not just chronic and degenerative ones. Take note that the healing points that we described for physical ailments are also healing points for psychic and spiritual malaise, and may also be used to influence the energy flow and spiritual life of the person being treated.
Spiritual Properties of Amethyst
Whether the amethyst is cut, polished, or in its natural state, it can produce powerful spiritual benefits for the body. The spiritual properties and properties attributed to Amethyst are:
- Casting away evil thoughts. This is an ancient use for amethyst since in pagan times cases of possession and other unsavory spiritual or psychic events were more common due to a lack of authority figures that cast away such evil events. In modern times, ‘casting away evil thoughts’ may be taken on a transformative note, as evil thoughts can be interpreted as general negativity, which can stress you out and cause you to be overly emotional and unproductive.
- Improving business sense. Amethyst is associated with ‘shrewdness’ in business, which makes them more cautious and more likely to succeed when performing transactions with others.Shrewdness should not be taken negatively here – a shrewd businessman is a good businessman in the sense that he knows how to take care of his investments and prevent others from taking advantage of him. This impact is probably related to the calming and rationality-building powers of amethyst.
- Protection against surprise attack. In the olden times when the roads from one city to another were often cloaked with danger due to bandits and robbers, amethyst was used to protect people who were traveling.To travel long distances back in the day meant that people carried lots of valuables, and bandits were likely to attack carriages and other modes of transportation. In today’s milieu, the same type of defense and protection is offered by amethyst as it keeps people safe during flights and long drives. The danger is danger whatever the era and the amethyst’s protective powers are timeless.
- Connecting the user to the Divine or the Source. In religious faiths, they call the Source “God” or the Divine.Whatever your faith may be, we are all interconnected to one supreme Source. The amethyst can help you transmit your vibrational energy more effectively to the source. This way, all prayers, and spiritual intentions can be communicated to the Source more effectively, and the message will not be garbled.
The same principle applies to practitioners of universal laws such as the LOA or law of attraction. The law of attraction requires conscious creators to transmit their intentions in the purest way possible, so they do not send mixed signals to the Universe.
- It has also been said that the amethyst is a gemstone that helps people pass over to the next life. In ancient cultures, amethyst amulets have been found in burial sites, supposedly helping people connect with the afterlife peacefully.