Bracelets are one of the more innocuous pieces of jewelry around, but did you know that it has come to symbolize so much more than just being fashion-forward?
Beaded bracelets for girls and boys are as old as human civilization, and they have been used extensively in both Western and non-Western cultures throughout history. Beaded bracelets often have a specific function depending on what type of material was used to create the bracelet in question.
It is widely believed that you will get a specific kind of energy from the bracelet when you wear it and depending also on the intention during the creation of the bracelet, you might be able to: find or attract love, ward away evil, stay mentally clear and focused, feel physically strong, etc.
Just like other pieces of jewelry that are imbued with metaphysical properties depending on the gemstones or materials used on them, so will the wearer of a bracelet get the same metaphysical or spiritual benefits.
Are ornate pieces of jewelry that often have symbols inscribed onto the design to imbue the wearer with desirable traits or characterizes. For as long as history itself can remember, highly ornate charm bracelets were created and were meant to be worn by girls and young women.
Different symbols such as water droplets, leaves, pearls, hearts, and other pleasant objects are often interspersed with the complex designs of charmsbracelets. It is also possible that charm bracelets are made in such a way that they help remind the wearer to be virtuous, kind, and agreeable, which is the more traditional way of looking at girls and young ladies.
Another dimension associated with charm bracelets is they are meant to reflect the grandeur of the universe or nature to indicate the natural charm or beauty of the wearer.
Among the known types of bracelets, friendship bracelets feature the simplest designs these are often woven by hand at home and made with less expensive materials like cotton cord or leather cords.
Some commercially made friendship bracelets are completed with fancy bead construction and pendants, but the most popular type is created by hand using a simple loom system that ties together two or more threads at a time.
Friendship bracelets signify that the giver of the bracelet gives value or importance to the receiver or wearer. It also means that the receiver is special to the creator or giver of the friendship bracelet.
The unending circle of a clasped friendship bracelet also indicates the infinity of the friendship, which is probably the reason why people believe that they shouldn’t take off the friendship bracelet frequently.
Gemstone bracelets have the same functionality and meanings as beaded bracelets.
The only difference is the construction: beaded bracelet constructions are often made with wire, chain, or thick thread, while gemstone bracelets can be designed with precious metals like titanium, silver, and gold.
Some gemstone bracelets have a single fixed mold with a gap in the center, which allows the owner to wear it/take it off easily. Since metal is naturally malleable, the wearer can tighten or loosen such single piece bracelets easily.
String bracelets are also known as wish bracelets because you are supposed to wear them while making a wish. As you state your wish, prayer, or intention, you close the clasp of the string bracelet and wear the string bracelet until your wish or intention comes true.
It is also said that you must never remove the wish bracelet until your wish comes true. To emphasize the meaning of a simple string bracelet, the wearer can also choose to modify it with a light pendant of his/her choice. The pendant should be aligned with the type of wish that is associated with the string bracelet.
Practical Reasons to Wear Bracelets More Often
We encourage both men and women to wear bracelets more frequently because:
- They are excellent conversation starters. Everyone likes seeing a nice bracelet, no matter how ornate or simple it is. You will never have to deal with awkward silences when you wear a bracelet and tell people about it. This is excellent in establishing rapport with new acquaintances, too.
- Bracelets are fashionable, and they make you look youthful and attractive. A lot of people have memories of wearing bracelets when they were younger (especially men) but the habit of wearing some kinds of jewelry drop off when you reach adulthood.The association with youthfulness is never erased, however, and people still find it nice seeing bracelets on others, though they may not want to wear it themselves.
- Some bracelets like the paracord bracelet are considered functional or utilitarian bracelets and are quite urbane. They’re pretty and you can use them in case of an emergency, too.
- Bracelet can help boost your self-confidence by solidifying your sense of fashion and identity. It is easy to stand out from the crowd if you wear specific kinds of bracelets, and visual qualifiers have always been effective in asserting a person’s identity. You can produce a certain aura, whether this aura is fun, sexy, authoritative, and whatnot. Yes, your bracelet can help you get there.
- If you have an advocacy, you can wear a bracelet as a show of support. Bracelets that bear the symbols of well-known (or lesser-known) advocacies can help raise awareness for particular causes, and improve the visibility of the same. If you can get others to wear the same kind of advocacy bracelet you are wearing, then the message gets across more quickly and widely, to more people.
- Bracelet men can wear are also excellent mementos for special events in one’s life. You can associate so many nice memories by just wearing your bracelets. Those memories and associations are going to be priceless when the time comes.